Outdoor Event Protocols
One of the hardest things about this pandemic season has been the necessity to stay socially distant from one another. Though it has been difficult, our leadership has remained committed to doing what we believe is right in order to protect the health of our congregation and our community. While we think it will still be some time before we are able to gather without restrictions, we believe the time is right to expand the usage of our outdoor spaces on campus for worship, community, and prayer.
You will be hearing more about organized opportunities to join us in our outdoor spaces in the coming weeks, but we are pleased to announce that several outdoor venues on the LAC campus are now available to be reserved by your small group, class, or ministry. We will be continuing to offer virtual services and communities for the foreseeable future, and we encourage each person and group to use their own judgment about what is right for them. For groups that would like to reserve our outdoor spaces, they may do so while observing the following protocols.
- Attendance will be limited to 50 people or the stated capacity of the reserved space (see reservation form below), whichever is smaller.
- Social distancing of 6 ft or more must be observed between individuals from different households at all times.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times, except when eating.
- All attendees must register upon arrival and provide their contact information.
- All attendees must submit a COVID-19 Symptom Survey within the 24-hour period prior to the start of the event. Those experiencing symptoms or who have recent virus exposure will be asked not to attend.
- No buffet style food or drink service. Attendees may consume food and drink brought from home or boxed meals may be provided.
- Reservation requests must be initiated through the form below and made at least two weeks prior to the requested event date. Confirmation of reservations are based on availability and you may be asked to consider an alternative date or location on campus.
- Reservations may be made for a maximum of 90 minutes. Available times are from Sunday 11 am – 7 pm, and Wednesday/Thursday/Friday 7 am – 9 pm.
- Bathroom access will be limited.
- Childcare is not available.
- Technical and audio-visual support is not available. (See below for exceptions.)
- Initially, each individual group will be limited to one on-campus reservation per month. This limit may be lifted once we measure the overall demand for outdoor spaces.
- These protocols will be consistently reviewed and are subject to change.
Events that require audio-visual or technical support, attendance of over 50 people, and/or duration of over 90 minutes will require special permission and coordination with LAC staff. For more information, please inquire with staff in the relevant ministry department.
We hope that the opportunity to meet in person outside on campus will be a blessing to you in this time. Thank you in advance for observing the event protocols in order to keep each other safe and healthy and we look forward to seeing you soon in person or online.